P2122 Throttle Position Sensor D Circuit Low Input
Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "D" Circuit Low Input
What does that mean?
This diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is a generic powertrain code, which means that it applies to OBD-II equipped vehicles. Although generic, the specific repair steps may vary depending on make/model.
A P2122 code means that the the car's computer has detected that the TPS (throttle position sensor) is reporting too low a voltage. On some vehicles that lower limit is 0.17 - 0.20 volts (V). The "D" refers to a particular circuit, sensor, or area of a particular circuit.
Did you adjust it when you installed it? If the signal value is less than .17V then the PCM sets this code. Could be an open or a short to ground in the signal circuit. Or you may have lost the 5 Volt reference voltage.
SymptomsSymptoms may include:
- Rough or low idle
- No/little acceleration
- other symptoms may also be present
A code P2122 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
- TPS not mounted securely
- TPS circuit short to ground or another wire
- Faulty TPS
- Damaged computer (PCM)
Some recommended troubleshooting and repair steps are:
- Carefully check the throttle position sensor (TPS), wiring connector, and wiring for breaks, etc. Repair or replace as necessary
- Check the voltage at the TPS (refer to a service manual for your vehicle for specific information). If the voltage is too low that is indicative of a problem. Replace if necessary.
- If recently replaced the TPS may need to be adjusted. On some vehicles the installation instructions call for the TPS to be properly aligned or adjusted, consult a repair manual for specifics.
- If there are no symptoms at all, the problem may be intermittent and clearing the code may resolve the issue temporarily. If this is the case then you should definitely check the wiring to be sure it's not rubbing on anything, grounding, etc. The code may come back.
Related P2122 DTC Discussions
- Nissan Sunny 1.6 P2138, P1229, P2127, P2122
I have an unresponsive throttle in my Nissan sunny 1.6l 2010. Got these codes - P2138, P2127, P2122, and P1229. Changed the accelerator pedal position sensor, but still u responsive....
Need more help with a p2122 code?
If you still need help regarding the P2122 trouble code, please post your question in our FREE car repair forums.
NOTE: This information is presented for information purposes only. It is not intended as repair advice and we are not responsible for any actions you take on any vehicle. All information on this site is copyright protected.