Chevy Malibu 2007 V6 3.5, Knocking sound

Also including Oldsmobile, Geo, Hummer, and Saturn (North American brands)
aeid
Vehicle: CHEVY MALIBU 2007 3.5

Chevy Malibu 2007 V6 3.5, Knocking sound

Postby aeid » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:22 pm

Good day Gentlemen,

I am driving a Chevy Malibu 2007, 3.5L, one day it was driven by my daughter, she called me telling me that the vehicle was shutoff on the road and the vehicle doesn't crank at all. I towed it home and kept it in the garage for a couple of days, and after that tried to start it. The vehicle started but there was a loud knocking sound coming from the engine, and an engine check light showed on the cluster. I tried to diagnose the check engine light, there comes the error code 0010, " camshaft position actuator circuit bank1". I replaced the camshaft sensor, I am still having the same code and check engine light. What hesitates me is the loud engine knocking sound. Does this sound have any relation with the check engine light ???, or is it because of faulty engine components like the camshaft it self, or lifters or bearings, etc. I checked engine oil level, and everything seems fine.

I would appreciate it if any expert would give me any honest opinion.

kev2

Re: Chevy Malibu 2007 V6 3.5, Knocking sound

Postby kev2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:17 am

I would check engine oil pressure with a mechanical gauge.
This will determine next step.
We can look at your questions as we diagnose. Do you need engine diagram to find a point to attach oil gauge?

Return to “GM: Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac”