Frequently Asked OBD-II Questions (FAQ's)
Welcome to our page of frequently asked car repair / OBD-II questions. This is where we answer questions and provide more information on specific things like sensors, etc.
- What is OBD?
- What are OBD-II Codes?
- Do I have an OBD-II vehicle?
- How do I reset the "Check Engine" Light?
- What is an OBD-II Code Reader?
- What OBD-II Communication Protocols Are There?
- Glossary of Terms / OBD Definitions
- What is the EGR System?
- What is EBD (Electronic Brakeforce Distribution)?
- What is Bank 1 and Bank 2?
- What are fuel trims?
Auto Parts / Acronym Directory
- ECT Sensor - Information on what an ECT sensor is, and how it operates. ECT stands for Engine Coolant Temperature
- Knock Sensor - Description of knock sensors
- FTP Sensor - Fuel Tank Pressure sensor
- MAF Sensor - Mass Air Flow sensor article at Engine-Light-Help.com [external]
- MAP Sensor - Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor
- O2 Oxygen Sensor - Article at Engine-Light-Help.com [external]
- TPS Sensor - Throttle Position Sensor article at Engine-Light-Help.com [external]
- VSS Vehicle Speed Sensor - Article at Engine-Light-Help.com [external]
NOTE: This information is presented for information purposes only. It is not intended as repair advice and we are not responsible for any actions you take on any vehicle. All information on this site is copyright protected. If you want to share this article or information with others, please link to this page, don't copy and paste it elsewhere.