- OBD-Codes.com collects a minimum of personal information on visitors when
they register for a free site membership or submit a support ticket.
- When visitors register for a free membership, all that is required is a valid e-mail address and a nickname. The nickname can be basically anything (i.e. not your real name), so in essense, the minimum amount of personal information you need to provide to us is your e-mail address. You have the option to include the following: location (city/state/province), occupation, and interests. Remember these are optional items.
- We do not collect personal information such as home/work address, phone numbers, etc.
- We do not collect any personal information pertaining to transactions you have with sponsors or advertisers. Once you leave this site, we do not track you (e.g. if you purchase a product from an advertiser, they do not share your personal information with us or vice versa).
- For all visitors, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, and the page you request.
Here is the information we have right now regarding your visit:
IP Address: 188.8.131.52
Information Sharing And Disclosure
- We do not under any circumstances share your e-mail address with sponsors or advertisers. Other profile information is freely obtained by viewing member's public profile pages (username, location, occupation, etc.)
- We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or companies, period.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
- For compliance with COPPA, when a child under age 13 attempts to register, we ask that he or she obtain parental permission. There is a form that can be signed and faxed to us in order to activate an account.
Cookies & Web Beacons
OBD-Codes.com will serve at most two cookies. One for direct advertising and one for your membership. If you have a free membership here, the cookie is used to log you in to the forums, photo galleries, classifieds, and product review areas. Our partners or external advertising partners may serve you cookies or web beacons in providing you advertising, web pages, or services.
If you're paranoid about Web cookies, beacons, and similar temporary Internet files used by advertisers, you can disable them in your browser. (See your browser's help file to learn how.) Caution: Disabling cookies can have unintended consequences, such as forcing you to log in manually when you visit forums, social-networking sites, online editions of newspapers, and other membership-based sites.
We aren't responsible for information that may be gathered by ad networks, affiliates, or advertisers when you complete surveys or fill out order forms. Nor are we responsible for any of the "cookies" that our advertising networks and partners may place in your "temporary Internet files" directory to keep track (for example) of whether you've previously seen an ad or whether we're entitled to a commission on your purchase.
- Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and other sites on the Internet.
of your information, please contact us using this
form or by mail at:
P.O. Box 2032
Moose Jaw, SK S6H 7N7
NOTE: This information is presented for information purposes only. It is not intended as repair advice and we are not responsible for any actions you take on any vehicle. All information on this site is copyright protected. If you want to share this article or information with others, please link to this page, don't copy and paste it elsewhere.