URL of this page: http://www.obd-codes.com/faq/
Frequently Asked OBD-II Questions (FAQ's)
Welcome to our page of frequently asked car repair questions. This is where we answer questions and provide more information on specific things like sensors, etc.
- What is OBD?
- OBD2 Codes Explained
- Do I have an OBD-II vehicle?
- How do I reset the "Check Engine" Light?
- What is an OBD-II Code Reader?
- What OBD-II Communication Protocols Are There?
- Glossary of Terms / OBD Definitions
- The EGR System Explained
- EBD (Electronic Brakeforce Distribution) Explained
- What is Bank 1 and Bank 2?
- What are fuel trims?
Auto Parts / Acronym Directory
- ECT Sensor - Information on what an ECT sensor is, and how it operates. ECT stands for Engine Coolant Temperature
- Knock Sensor - Description of knock sensors
- FTP Sensor - Fuel Tank Pressure sensor
- MAF Sensor - Mass Air Flow sensor article at Engine-Light-Help.com [external]
- MAP Sensor - Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor
- O2 Oxygen Sensor - Article at Engine-Light-Help.com [external]
- TPS Sensor - Throttle Position Sensor article at Engine-Light-Help.com [external]
- VSS Vehicle Speed Sensor - Article at Engine-Light-Help.com [external]
The information contained on this site is presented for informational purposes only. We
are not responsible for any actions you take on your vehicle. If you have any
doubt as to repairs on your vehicle, please contact a qualified technician.
About Us - Contact Us - Links
All information on this site is copyright © 2004-2013 OBD-Codes.com. We are not affiliated with any auto manufacturers or repair companies